Please click these links to learn about how we do business:
- Major Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover)
- Personal Check (allow up to two weeks for the check to clear before shipment)
- Wire Transfer (see below for details)
For international orders, we request prepayment with PayPal or a wire transfer (which incurs a $30 bank fee). This policy was developed in response to problems with international credit card fraud. We don't doubt your integrity, but we would be foolish not to learn from painful mistakes in the past.
Charges To Your Credit Card
We charge your credit card when you order. We have a limited number of each radio type, and this reserves your avionics for you. We also charge your card when placing a special order for you, or when performing customized work (such as a wiring harness).
We use the following shipping carriers:
We do not use the USPS for the following reasons:
- They have a very limited ability to track a package.
- They are rough, making shipping damage to avionics much more likely.
- Filing an insurance claim against this damage is a very lengthy process, and the odds of a successful claim are not high.
- The USPS is less expensive, but the difference is often less than expected. Due to the reasons listed, we believe the USPS offers a false economy when shipping avionics.
Most of our shipments originate in Connecticut. A Ground shipment will reach much of the Northeast U.S.A. in 1 or 2 business days. Ground shipments to the West Coast usually require 5 business days.
Our website now provides shipping quotes to addresses worldwide. Please follow these steps to see your shipping options and prices:
- Add the item(s) to your shopping cart
- View your cart by clicking the shopping cart icon at the top-right corner of the page
- Click "ESTIMATE SHIPPING & TAX"
- Enter your address information
- Click "ESTIMATE SHIPPING & TAX"
- View your shipping options
- You can toggle between the FedEx and UPS choices by clicking "Show UPS Rates"
There are a few exceptions to these rates. For example, an HSI or Gyro can only be shipped via Air due to the more gentle handling this provides. Also, Weather Radar Receiver / Transmitters and Radar Indicators must be shipped in separate boxes, due to the effects of magnetism from the R/T.
If your order is subject to extra shipping charges, we will contact you prior to shipping for your approval.
Shipping Time Frame
If we receive your order by approximately 3 PM Eastern time, and we have the item(s) you order on the shelf, we will ship the same day. If the item(s) are in our repair shop, they typically ship within 2-3 days. If the shipping lead time will be longer that this, we will notify you.
We cover our products with a standard 90 day warranty. If an item develops problems within this period, please contact us for troubleshooting assistance. If the problem is indeed with the item, we will issue return instructions. We will then repair or replace it at our option.
We now offer an opportunity to purchase a 1-year warranty for 10% of the outright purchase price of an item ($100 minimum per radio). This is strictly optional, and if you decline, you still receive the industry-standard 90 day protection. You are welcome to add the 1-year warranty at any time during the initial 90 days. We are already responsible the for avionics during this period, and we like to offer this flexibility to keep your options open.
However, there are some older radios whose reliability has fallen below our standards. These radios are no longer eligible for a 1-year warranty:
- ARC brand avionics (IN-385 family, IN-386 family, IN-514 family, IN-525 family, R-443B, R-446A, RT-328 family, RT-385 family, RT-485 family, RT-359A, RT-459A)
- AT-50 / AT-50A
- KN-65 / KN-65A
- KT-76 / KT-78
(If you are interested in any of these items, and would like suggestions for more modern options, please contact us for recommendations.)
Please note that unauthorized opening and/or service voids our warranty coverage. We want to make any problem right for you, but we cannot vouch for the work of an unauthorized third party.
Also, if we are unable to duplicate your complaint, there will be a charge for the time needed to investigate your warranty claim. However, this can still provide some valuable information in the troubleshooting process, because it tells you where the problem does not lie.
We accept returns within 30 days from the date of purchase. After that date, we reserve the right to consider other factors (such as inventory levels and market demand) which may reduce our need for a returned item, and hence its value to us.
If an item is returned to us either without a problem, or with reports of a problem that we cannot duplicate, it is subject to a 15% restocking fee. This covers our transaction and inventory management costs, as well as the lost opportunity to sell that item to anyone else while it was in your possession. Items that have been Overhauled (such as an HSI or Gyro) may have an additional fee to cover the cost of the Overhaul.
If you return an item in exchange for another of equal or greater value, then the restocking fee is waived.