|Model||King KLN-89 VFR GPS / Moving Map|
|Part Number||P/N: 066-01148-1111|
|Voltage||14 or 28 volts|
|Included||GPS Antenna, Rack, Connector, Existing Database, 90 Day Warranty|
King's KLN-89 VFR GPS / Moving Map is an excellent choice for a VFR-only GPS solution. It has a comprehensive Jeppesen database, and offers a terrific blend of flexibility, information, ease-of-use, and affordability.
The KLN-89 includes the features that have made the KLN-89B so popular, but it is not approved for IFR navigation. In exchange for this tradeoff, the KLN-89 is available for considerably less money than the KLN-89B.
The KLN-89 features:
You may also be interested in an Indicator to use with this KLN-89.
- Large gas discharge display - This high visibility dot-matrix display provides great sunlight visibility, a wide viewing angle, and the same easy-to-read orange color found on the rest of your King Silver Crown avionics. This display can show four lines of text simultaneously, which shows more information with less scrolling.
- Moving Map graphics - The map shows aircraft position relative to surrounding database items. This yields a tremendous boost in situational awareness, making flying both safer and more fun.
- Flexible operations - The dot-matrix display may be "split" into two pages, with waypoint or navigational data on the left and the map on the right. This keeps you aware of the big picture, while providing GPS precision navigation information.
- Ease of use - The KLN-89 uses simple concentric knob controls, like other King products. There are clearly labeled pushbuttons with simple, consistent functions. The "Direct-To" button makes point-to-point navigation almost effortless. There are a full compliment of E6-B calculations available, designed to make the pilot's decisions easier and more accurate.
- Peace of mind - An Emergency Search will describe and guide you to the 9 nearest airports, VORs, NDBs, intersections, or user waypoints. This ability is always available with the NRST (Nearest) button.
- Comprehensive Jeppesen database - The database includes airports, navaids, intersections, minimum safe altitudes (with vertical navigation functions), communications frequencies, special-use airspace, and airport services. This database is located in a ront-mounted data card, allowing the pilot to update it easily. Additionally, the database has space for 500 user defined waypoints, and user comments for 200 airports.
- Compatibility - The KLN-89 may be interfaced with a wide variety of electronics, such as an HSI, RMI, CDI, Autopilot, Fuel Flow Sensor, and external Moving Maps.
If you have any questions about this item, please click to send us an email.