The KT-71 operates just like the KT-70 transponder, but does not offer Mode S capability. The KT-71 is a Mode A / Mode C transponder.
With 250 watts of transmission power, the solid state KT-71 offers long range and operation at any altitude. The KT-71 can replace a KT-76A / KT-78A with minor installation modifications.
The KT-71 features:
- Mode C compatibility
- Self-dimming gas discharge display
- Displays the ATCRBS code and encoded altitude transmitted
- Push button selection of VFR code (1200)
- 250 watts of power
- Supports a remote ident button
- System self-test function
You may also be interested in an Encoder to use with this KT-71. When installed with an Encoder, the KT-71 will report both your position and altitude to ATC (Mode C).