|Part Number:||P/N: 6600-00-00|
|Part Number:||P/N: 6600-01-01|
|Part Number:||P/N: 6600-02-01 - Standard GPS-60, problem with GPS reception|
|Included:||GPS Antenna, Rack, Connector, Existing Database, 90 Day Warranty|
|Comments:||Please note that Jeppesen stopped providing database updates on March 12, 2009. The required data would no longer fit on Northstar data cards.|
|Comments:||When an additional GPS satellite was added to the constellation in February 2008, this made the number of satellites higher than Northstar's design estimates. This caused the the most common GPS-60 (P/N: 6600-02-01) to lock up.|
|Comments:||According to the factory, other versions of the GPS-60 (P/N: 6600-00-00 and P/N: 6600-01-01), which use a different GPS receiver internally, remain operational.|
|Comments:||We are sold out of the GPS-60, and it is unlikely we will have any more in the future.|
Northstar built an excellent reputation when Loran was king. Their Loran units were highly sophisticated, yet they remained the among the easiest to use.
Not only does the Northstar GPS-60 retain this same excellent user interface, it is a direct slide-in replacement for the legendary M1 Loran (although the antenna will obviously need to be changed). If you have operated a Northstar M1 Loran, you already know how to use a GPS-60.
The Northstar GPS-60 is a highly sophisticated VFR navigator with a built-in 12 channel GPS receiver.
The Northstar GPS-60 GPS Navigator performs the following GPS functions:
- Pre-flight planning - The unit can tell you the distance and bearing to your destination, the distance and bearing of any leg in your flight plan, or the total flight plan distance. It can also tell you if any portion of your flight plan will pass through restricted airspace.
- Position finding - When operating in flight, the GPS-60 always knows where it is and can provide the bearing and distance to any point in the database.
- Direct navigation- Regardless of your location, you can choose a destination from any waypoint in the database, and the GPS-60 will guide you there directly.
- Route navigation - The GPS-60 can automatically follow any of 20 user routes, as well as any Victor airway or Jet route.
- Controlled airspace alert - If your current or future track will take you near restricted airspace, the Airalert feature will warn you and either help you avoid the airspace or enter it legally.
Other Northstar GPS-60 GPS Navigator features include:
- High intensity alphanumeric LED display - The left and right sides are independent, allowing you to tailor the information to your needs. Automatic brightness control makes certain that the display is readable in sunlight, but not too bright at night.
- Pilot-focused operations - The GPS-60 has great features for pilots, such as the Airalert airspace warning (Class B, Class C, SUA). There is also an internal electronic CDI. The full range of standard GPS navigation calculations are included.
- Ease of use - The best feature of the GPS-60 is its ultra simple and straightforward operation. Even the controls are simple, with dual concentric knobs and illuminated pushbuttons. This GPS proves that powerful does not have to be complicated.
- Peace of mind - An emergency search will bring up the closest airports, based on your current position.
- Database capability - The Jeppesen database is comprehensive. It includes the following: Airports, VORs, NDBs, Intersections, Special Use Airspace (SUA), and Victor and Jet airways. There is also space for 250 user-defined waypoints and 20 user routes (flight plans). These database cards are user replaceable, which makes it much easier to keep the data up-to-date.
- Compatibility - The GPS-60 GPS Navigator is compatible with an external CDI, HSI, Autopilot, or Flight Director. Even though this GPS does not have an internal Moving Map, it may be used to provide position information to an external Moving Map.