King's KLN-90A IFR GPS Navigator is a great GPS. It lacks the IFR non-precision approach certification of its KLN-90B sibling, but it is still a very capable GPS for IFR en route navigation. The KLN-90A boasts the ability to show both navigation information and a moving map simultaneously, which helps reduce the workload and boost situational awareness for the pilot. Add to this a comprehensive Jeppesen database, and the KLN-90A offers a terrific blend of flexibility, information, and ease-of-use. Adding a KLN-90A to your panel will help you fly with better precision, greater information, and improved safety. The KLN-90A has many great features, including:
- Bright 3-inch green high resolution CRT display - This display is easy to read in any light and from any angle. In addition, it allows the pilot to see up to seven lines of information at once without scrolling.
- Moving Map graphics - The map shows aircraft position relative to surrounding database items.
- Flexible operations - The CRT display may be "split" into two independently-controlled pages, allowing the pilot to tailor the information presented to the current situation. In addition, one of the pages may be the moving map, allowing the aircraft's progress and position to remain displayed while other functions are used.
- Comprehensive Jeppesen database - The database includes airports, navaids, intersections, frequencies, special-use airspace, and airport services.
- Pilot-focused design - The KLN-90A uses simple concentric knob controls (like other King products), provides the ability to store up to 26 flight plans with 30 waypoints each, and performs flight calculations including true airspeed, pressure altitude, density altitude, winds aloft, track, ETA, etc.
- Compatibility - The KLN-90A may be interfaced with an HSI, CDI, Autopilot, and external Moving Maps.