|Part Number:||P/N: 78-8051-9170-3 - Display (original)|
|Part Number:||P/N: 78-8060-5900-8 - Display (shared with SkyWatch, black bezel)|
|Part Number:||P/N: 78-8051-9160-4 - Processor|
|Part Number:||P/N: 78-8051-9200-8 - Antenna (white)|
|Included:||Display, Processor, Antenna, Connectors, 90 Day Warranty|
|Comments:||This Stormscope system may share the display with a SkyWatch or SkyWatch HP traffic system.|
|Comments:||This Stormscope system may be slaved to the bootstrap heading output from a Compass System (HSI).|
The WX-1000 Stormscope family contains the most sophisticated models in the latest Series II product range. The Series II Stormscopes incorporate the latest ranging technology for more precise tracking of lightning discharges.
In addition to the features found within the standard WX-1000 Stormscope, the WX-1000+ provides gyro-stabilized display. When provided with an external heading source, such as a King KCS-55/55A system, the WX-1000+ will keep the display oriented to the current aircraft heading during turns. This is a great feature to reduce pilot workload and improve situational awareness. Using a gyro-stabilized display is most helpful when maneuvering during departure and approach, when the pilot is busiest.
A digital heading is shown in weather mode, and there is a warning flag shown if there is a loss of heading information.
The WX-1000+ is a long range, high-performance thunderstorm avoidance system. It also provides more display and installation flexibility than other Stormscopes. The display may also be shared with a Goodrich SkyWatch and SkyWatch HP traffic avoidance systems. Under normal operation, the display will show thunderstorm activity. If there is a traffic threat, the display will switch automatically to display this information. Once the traffic threat is no longer a factor, the display will revert back to Stormscope mode. (The display can also be switched manually.)
The WX-1000+ Stormscope features:
- Choice of display ranges: 25, 50, 100, and 200 nm
- Stores lightning data in all ranges simultaneously, making it easy and useful to toggle between them
- 360° view of surrounding area, 120° view of forward airspace
- Clear function to help determine storm intensity and movement
- High resolution, multi-function green CRT with adjustable brightness
- 6 installer-programmable checklists, each with 30 lines and 20 characters per line
- Stopwatch timer with start, stop, and reset functions
- Automatic and pilot-initiated self-test