|Part Number:||P/N: 805-10950-001 - Display / Processor (black bezel)|
|Part Number:||P/N: 805-10930-001 - Antenna (white)|
|Condition:||Serviceable (Certified Used)|
|Included:||Display / Processor, Antenna, Antenna Cable, Connectors, 90 Day Warranty|
|Comments:||This Stormscope system may be slaved to the bootstrap heading output from a Compass System (HSI).|
The WX-950 Stormscope is clear step up from the WX-900 in the Series II family. The WX-950 boasts a number of improvements, including:
- Display - The WX-950 has the familiar, high resolution green CRT, instead of an LCD display. The WX-950 may also be configured to concentrate both the display and processing power on the forward 120° of airspace.
- Software modes - The WX-950 includes newer, very advanced lightning detection software. When set to Strike mode, the WX-950 will plot each discharge separately, like every other Stormscope. The new Cell mode is used to help better define the storm cells as areas to avoid.
- Heading Stabilization - When provided with an external heading source, such as a King KCS-55/55A system, the WX-950 will keep the display oriented to the current aircraft heading during turns. This is a great feature to reduce pilot workload and improve situational awareness. Using a gyro-stabilized display is most helpful when maneuvering during departure and approach, when the pilot is busiest.
- Greater range - The WX-950 is capable of detecting and displaying discharges out to 200 nm. This give the pilot plenty of time to develop a thunderstorm avoidance strategy.
The WX-950 Stormscope features:
- Choice of display ranges: 25, 50, 100, and 200 nm
- Selectable Strike and Cell modes
- Automatic heading stabilization, with proper input
- Stores lightning data in all ranges simultaneously, making it easy and useful to toggle between them
- 360° view of surrounding area, or 120° view of forward airspace
- Clear function to help determine storm intensity and movement
- High resolution 3 inch CRT display
- Self-test function