| || |
McCoy MAC-1700 VTX NAV/COMM
|Model||McCoy MAC-1700 VTX NAV/COMM|
|Part Number||P/N: 069-1019-00|
Either is possible, depending on whether the original "pre-conversion" radio was a KX-170B or KX-175B.
|Included||90 Day Warranty|
|Comments||There is no Rack and Connector included with this radio, as it is designed to use your existing KX-170 series / KX-175 series hardware.|
When you want to upgrade your radios, one of the common barriers is the cost and hassle of installation. Wouldn't it be great to just slide a replacement right into the existing rack? If you have thought this, and you have a KX-170B or KX-175B installed, you should know about the MAC-1700 VTX.
The MAC-1700 VTX is an upgraded version of the MAC-1700. The "VTX" version adds the following features:
The rest of your avionics will neither know nor care that your KX-170B or KX-175B has been upgraded, but you will definitely notice the convenience.
- MACVoice - A synthesized voice reads the active / standby frequencies to you, on either the COMM or NAV sides. The voice is also used to call out remaining time on the countdown timer.
- Elapsed time / total time timer - The radio stores the elapsed time for last 8 flights. Also, it can be programmed to offer a reminder every 30 minutes or 1 hour, which can be helpful when remembering to change fuel tanks.
- Expanded frequency storage memory - Instead of storing 20 frequencies (10 COMM, 10 NAV), the VTX has 6 memory banks of 20 frequencies each.
- 760 COMM channels - The regular MAC-1700 has 720 COMM channels.
The "regular" MAC-1700 features are still present:
These are the most common indicators used in MAC-1700 VTX installations (the same as with a KX-170B installation):
- Digital tuning
- Active / standby frequency display
- Push button frequency flip-flop
- Memory channels (10 each for the NAV and COMM sides)
- 200 NAV channels
- 7 watts minimum power
For VOR/LOC installations:
If they are not already installed with your KX-170B / KX-175B, you may also be interested in a Glideslope Receiver or Indicator to use with this MAC-1700 VTX.
- KI-201C VOR/LOC Indicator
- KI-208 VOR/LOC Indicator
- KI-208A GPS/VOR/LOC Indicator
For VOR/LOC/Glideslope installations:
- KI-214 VOR/LOC/Glideslope Indicator & internal Glideslope Receiver
- KI-209 VOR/LOC/Glideslope Indicator & KN-75 Glideslope Receiver
- KI-209A GPS/VOR/LOC/Glideslope Indicator & KN-75 Glideslope Receiver
Your replaced KX-170B or KX-175B may still have some value. Please contact us with the model, condition, and operation of your radio for the latest core credit.
If you have any questions about this item, please click to send us an email.
Click an image below to enlarge
Bennett Avionics: Quality Used Avionics, Professional Service