|Part Number:||P/N: 011-01064-00 - Black faceplate, 14/28 V|
|Part Number:||P/N: 011-01064-10 - Gray faceplate, 14/28 V|
|Part Number:||P/N: 011-01064-40 - Upgraded from GNS-530, black faceplate, 14/28 V|
|Part Number:||P/N: 011-01064-45 - Upgraded from GNS-530, black faceplate, 28 V-only|
|Part Number:||P/N: 011-01064-50 - Upgraded from GNS-530, gray faceplate, 14/28 V|
|Condition:||Serviceable (Certified Used)|
|Voltage:||14/28 V or 28 V-only|
|Included:||6 Months Warranty|
|Included:||GPS Antenna, Rack, Connector, Existing Database included with Installation Hardware option|
|Comments:||All GNS-530W (WAAS version) units say "GNS-530" on the faceplate. The difference is noted on the data tag, with a different model number and part number, but not on the faceplate.|
|Comments:||This WAAS Receiver is compatible with the European EGNOS and Asian MSAS precision GPS systems.|
|Comments:||Some of our GNS-530W sales are for customers who are replacing another GNS-530W. These customers do not need the GPS antenna, mounting rack, connectors, or database, and we do not want to charge them for items they do not need.|
|Comments:||If you do not need these items for a new installation, please choose "No" in response to the "Need Installation Hardware" question for a discount.|
The GNS-530W is the larger version of the GNS-430W. The most obvious difference between the two is the GNS-530W's larger display (320 x 234 pixels versus 240 x 128 pixels in the GNS-430W). The GNS-530W may also function as a display for compatible with Class B TAWS Terrain Systems. Beyond these differences, the GNS-530W shares the GNS-430W's advances, particularly WAAS Approach Capability and Terrain Information.
WAAS Approach Capability - WAAS, or Wide Area Augmentation System, is a fundamental improvement to GPS accuracy. By adding a series of ground stations and geostationary satellites, WAAS GPS is typically 5 times more accurate than "regular" GPS. This means that it is now possible to fly a complete "Virtual Glideslope" approach into an airport with no local ground-based navigation aids whatsoever. A GNS-530W makes the following approaches available:
- LNAV (Lateral Navigation): This is a new name for non-precision GPS approaches as we have known them. Like all non-precision approaches, this has a minimum descent altitude (MDA), based on obstructions and terrain.
- LNAV/VNAV (Lateral Navigation / Vertical Navigation): This class of approach provides Glideslope vertical guidance with a decision altitude (DA) typically 350 feet AGL.
- LPV (Localizer Performance with Vertical guidance): This is the most precise of the WAAS GPS approaches, the GPS equivalent of a Cat I ILS approach. It also offers Glideslope vertical guidance, but the DA is lower, typically from 200-250 feet AGL.
There are thousands of FAA-approved LPV WAAS approaches, with more being added regularly. The FAA's stated goal is to have a WAAS approach available for every public runway at least 3,200 feet long. To see if the airports you use offer WAAS capability, please click here for the FAA's information about GPS/WAAS Approaches.
Terrain Information - With the GNS-530W, the terrain database is standard (for improved awareness and safety), and it provides this information with greater resolution and precision than the GNS-530. It is possible to add terrain information to a GNS-530, but this is an expensive option.
Other GNS-530W improvements over the GNS-530 include:
- Faster position calculations and screen updates (5x per second)
- Improved annunciation
- Holding patterns
- Autopilot roll steering
- Parallel track calculation
- Dead reckoning (This is a backup if GPS signal is lost)
- More informative status pages
- Better, faster communication between dual GNS-530W / GNS-530W installations
- Configuration for GDL-69 / GDL-69A XM Receivers (if installed)
- Simplified installation paperwork
The GNS-530W may be used with any of these Indicators (the Garmin units are the official choices):
- Garmin GI-106A GPS/VOR/LOC/Glideslope Indicator
- Garmin GI-106B GPS/VOR/LOC/Glideslope Indicator
- Mid-Continent MD200-306 GPS/VOR/LOC/Glideslope Indicator
- Mid-Continent MD200-706 GPS/VOR/LOC/Glideslope Indicator
- Collins IND-351A GPS/VOR/LOC/Glideslope Indicator
- King KI-206 GPS/VOR/LOC/Glideslope Indicator
- King KI-209A GPS/VOR/LOC/Glideslope Indicator
- King KNI-520 GPS/VOR/LOC/Glideslope Indicator
- King KI-525/525A HSI (part of a KCS-55/55A system)