|Part Number:||P/N: 013-00114-00|
|Condition:||Serviceable (Certified Used)|
|Included:||Connector (if needed), 90 Day Warranty|
The Mid-Continent MD200-306 GPS / VOR / LOC / Glideslope Indicator is essentially the same as the Garmin GI-106A Indicator. In fact, Mid-Continent makes both the MD200-306 and the GI-106A. It simply puts the Garmin name on the GI-106A as the OEM manufacturer.
The GI-106A has become more expensive and scarce on the used market. The MD200-306 is typically both more available and less expensive, making it a smart substitution for the GI-106A.
The MD200-306 has rectilinear meter movements, instead of pendulum, which makes it easier to read. This is especially nice when flying an ILS, since the needles stay perpendicular to each other. This feature helps the pilot to better determine the degree of correction needed to follow the approach accurately.
An uncommon MD200-306 feature is a built-in Nav Source annunciator. This reminds the pilot that the MD200-306 is showing either GPS or VOR / Localizer navigation information.
This indicator does not contain a VOR/LOC Converter, which permits its use with a GPS. The MD200-306 and an Annunciator Control Unit (ACU), if required for your GPS, can be used to meet the FAA requirements for an IFR GPS installation.
The MD200-306 also features:
- Non-reflective lens
- Internal lighting
Since the Mid-Continent MD200-306 does not contain an internal VOR/LOC Converter, it is designed to be used with NAV equipment that does include this converter, such as:
- GNS-430 NAV/COMM/GPS/Glideslope
- GNS-430W WAAS NAV/COMM/GPS/Glideslope
- GNS-530 NAV/COMM/GPS/Glideslope
- GNS-530W WAAS NAV/COMM/GPS/Glideslope
- GTN-650 WAAS IFR GPS / NAV / COMM / MFD / Moving Map / Glideslope
- GTN-750 WAAS IFR GPS / NAV / COMM / MFD / Moving Map / Glideslope
- II Morrow / Garmin AT Apollo SL-30 NAV/COMM with Glideslope
- KX-165 NAV/COMM - 14V or 28V
- KNS-80 NAV/RNAV/DME/Glideslope
- KNS-81 NAV/RNAV/Glideslope
- Collins VIR-350A NAV
- Collins VIR-351 NAV