|There is currently a 3-4 week lead time to get an IND-351A certified and ready to ship.
The IND-351A is the updated, more rugged GPS/VOR/LOC/Glideslope Indicator from the well-regarded Collins Microline series. The IND-351A uses two rectilinear meter movements, instead of pendulum, which makes it easier to read. This is especially nice when flying an ILS, since the needles stay perpendicular to each other. This feature helps the pilot to better determine the degree of correction needed to follow the approach accurately.
This indicator does not contain a VOR/LOC Converter, which permits its use with a GPS. The IND-351A, together with an Annunciator Control Unit (ACU), can be used to meet the FAA requirements for an IFR GPS installation.
The IND-351A features:
- Metal case
- Easy to read face
- Standard ARINC interface
This indicator does not contain a Glideslope Receiver, so it needs that information from another source. If your NAV or NAV/COMM driving this indicator lacks Glideslope, then either a Collins GLS-350 or King KN-75 remote mount Glideslope Receiver are common solutions. You may also trade your NAV or NAV/COMM for one that does contain a Glideslope Receiver. Since the Collins IND-351A does not contain an internal VOR/LOC Converter, it is designed to be used with NAV equipment that does include this converter, such as:
- GNS-430 NAV/COMM/GPS/Glideslope
- GNS-430W WAAS NAV/COMM/GPS/Glideslope
- GNS-530 NAV/COMM/GPS/Glideslope
- GNS-530W WAAS NAV/COMM/GPS/Glideslope
- GTN-650 WAAS IFR GPS / NAV / COMM / MFD / Moving Map / Glideslope
- GTN-750 WAAS IFR GPS / NAV / COMM / MFD / Moving Map / Glideslope
- Collins VIR-351 NAV
- KX-165 NAV/COMM - 14V or 28V
- KNS-80 NAV/RNAV/DME/Glideslope
- KNS-81 NAV/RNAV/Glideslope